Dictionary of English
This CD-ROM gives you the huge resources of a major learner's dictionary, combined with the flexibility and power of state-of-the art software.
Published: 20 April 2000
The CD-ROM contains everything you will find in the Cambridge International Dictionary of English, as well as:
- new words which have recently come into the English language
- A talking dictionary with British and American spoken pronunciations for each entry
- word links from every word in the dictionary text to the entry where that word is defined
- sophisticated tools that allow you to customize your search
- the ability to search using the related words feature, which gives you a whole new way into the dictionary by enabling you to use the dictionary as a thesaurus
- interactive exercises
This CD-ROM and that of the Cambridge Dictionary of American English are fully compatible, and can be searched simultaneously if both are installed.What our customers say about this product...
"Yes, I'm quite happy with the dictionaries I bought. I use them every day. Thank you very much." A.G.
Please note this CD is out of stock and out of print. It has been updated in 2003 and renamed the Cambridge Advanced Learner's Dictionary.