Collins English Dictionary
Installs on Windows 7.
Comments about the prior edition:
This electronic dictionary has been recommended to me by two people who know dictionaries well. It is an advanced dictionary that gives you enough data that you actually feel you understand the word and has enough definitions that you rarely have too look anywhere else except for specialized definitions. Despite this, it requires the average reader to look up only a few words in its definitions on occasion. Who wants to have to learn a whole subject when you are grappling with a confusion on what you just read and need the right definition to bail you out?
The dictionary covers British English but it does include definitions of American, Australian, Canadian, and New Zealand origin.
From the publisher
- Fast and simple user interface
- Full text and anagram searches
- Instant access to over 200,000 definitions and 340,000 synonyms and antonyms -you'll never be at a loss for words again
- History list for reviewing your entries
- Easy cross-referencing between Dictionary and Thesaurus
- Full Text Search, Phonetic Search and Morphological Search helps you to find words easily
- Anagram Search finds all the words that can be made with the letters of a word
- Browse lets you look through the entire Dictionary or Thesaurus one word at a time
- User Dictionary for storing personal wordlists.
- Operating system: Microsoft Windows 95/98/NT/2000/ME/XP/7
- Processor: Intel Pentium or Compatible
- Memory: Minimum 16Mb RAM
- Disk space: 55 Mb free hard disk
Now available for networks
For more information about purchasing this product for a site,
Please contact us!
Network prices are in US Dollars and include media, documentation, licensing, and shipping.