Oxford English Dictionary Upgrade
from software version 2.0 or 3.0 to 3.1 (CD)
Version 4.0 is comming out so we have reduced the price of this product. If you do NOT use Vista or NOT plan to use Vista or a Mac this is a bargain!
In Stock! This upgrade will take you to version 3.1. You will no longer have to validate ownership every 90 days however it is NOT compatible with Vista and with 64 bit versions of Vista.
This upgrade is for users who already own a prior version of this product on CD. If you do not you need the full version on CD.
The 3.1 upgrade includes almost 2,000 newer dictionary entries that have been added to the OED since 1997 and have been available only to on-line OED subscribers until now.
With 3.1 more complex searches can be done with Boolean operators, case sensitive searching, exact character searching and with an extended range of wild card options and much more.
Automatic look-up feature enables fast access to the OED headwords from any Microsoft Office 97, 2000 or XP product.
This upgrade also fixes a number of technical issues but we do not have a detail list at this time.
If you are still using software version 2.0 this upgrade will include the 3.0 upgrades as well as the 3.1 upgrades mentioned above for the same low price. Such a deal!
The 3.0 upgrades were:
- Additional search features to allow users to construct more powerful searches across the OED.
- Case sensitive searching
- exact character searching
- restricting searches to previous search results
- search in pronunciations
- extended range of wildcard options
- The text of this version has been augmented with the inclusion of the Oxford English Dictionary Additions Series (Volumes 1-3), published in 1993 and 1997
- The Bibliography and other relevant extra matter from the print edition has also been added to the text.
- An option to install the OED to your hard drive has been added. Further, with 3.1 the software no longer requires periodic validation!
- Fully compatible with Windows 2000 ME and XP.
- Automatic look-up feature to the OED headwords from any MS
Office 97 or 2000 application.
- Multiple sesssions of the OED can be open at the same time
- OED display can be customized and settings saved for future use
What our customer had to say about the Version 3.0 upgrade...
"The OED v3.0 upgrade is everything it says it is, and more. The expanded search capabilities, being able to hit the enter key when you enter a search word, better help topics, and only having to validate the data disk every 90 days are great. All in all, this is the greatest reference for the English language there is." M.K.P., Olongapo City Zambales, Philippines
"OED version 3 installed correctly under Windows 2000 Pro. C-Dilla, their security program, has been improved and does not conflict with the operating system as it did with version 2, so all works well.
I like having the additional volumes.
I really like the changes they've made to the user interface. For example, simply being able to hit return and not be required to use the mouse to initialize the search command is a simple little change but a nice one. And I really like being able to search while applying Boolean logic: this is powerful." W. A. M., Castro Valley, California
I like the fact that I can now press Enter after typing in the word to look up, and the search starts.
I very much like the fact that I don't have to go through the CD
verification every time it starts up.
The labels on the main page (Search button, etc.) are still too small.
And I still can't look up a word directly from Microsoft Reader (you really need this feature!)." H. F., Kerhonkson, NY
"I successfully installed the OED V3.0 on Windows 2000 Professional with no problems. The system came up and worked immediately." C. V., Calgary, Canada